What Makes Us Different
We promote and facilitate inclusive employment not sheltered employment. Sheltered employment provides employment opportunities and locations that exclusively employ individuals with disabilities. Our program provides the necessary curriculum and training to allow our clients the opportunity to explore employment options within their community with confidence as any other individual would aspire to do.
Individuals and staff create professional profiles
- Highlights the qualifications individuals completing the program have to offer a potential employer
- Individuals and staff create portfolios
Compilation of individualized supports which may include:
- Work Systems
- Visual Supports
- Organizational Systems
- Data and Job Performance Rating Scales
Our Teaching Style
- Rather than teach one job skill that is specific to one job being completed; we are teaching the process of working which can be applied to multiple jobs across various settings.
- Generalizing the skill set to increase the opportunity to work at various jobs rather than one task or job.
Collaboration With the Community
Working with other businesses and organizations allows us to expand opportunities for individuals seeking employment upon completion of our program. While our individuals have been prepared and are ready for employment, businesses can benefit from information to better understand autism as well as other developmental disabilities and their value as employees. We also share the structure and supports used to enhance the workplace setting for all employees.